Monday, November 20, 2017

French toast

Last week, I made French toast with a leftover loaf of challah. I whisked together milk, eggs, dark brown sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl, dipped the bread, and dropped them into a frying pan with sizzling butter.

Nati refused to try it, even though I told him it was similar to pancakes he makes with his dad, but he wasn't interested. Elchanan tried it, and loved it. That was dinner for Zach and myself.

On Thursday, I bought a loaf of water challah and made more French toast. This time, Nati was willing to try it and he LOVED it. There was nothing left for breakfast the next morning.

So Friday, I bought three more loaves of water challah, and I just made them. The boys will have it for breakfast, and possibly take for their school snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment