Sunday, November 22, 2020

Asian Chicken and Corn Soup

 I originally found the recipe on the Dumpling Sisters page, but needed to scale it up for a family.

First, I poach a whole chicken in a few inches of water. Once it's cooked, I remove it from the pot to cool, but keep the poaching liquid for added flavor. Once it's cooled, I shred the chicken.

I can't get creamed corn where I live, so I put approximately 500 grams of thawed frozen corn into a blender and add a couple cup of water. Once it's been blitzed, I add it to the pot of poaching liquid. Since frozen bags of corn comes in 800 gram bags, I add the remaining whole corn to the pot as well.

2 liters of water, shredded chicken, a few chopped scallions, a healthy splash of soy sauce, salt, black pepper, and a drizzle of toasted sesame oil go into the pot as well.

Once it comes to a boil, I stir in a steady stream of raw egg (3 eggs mixed with 1/3 cup water).

I let it simmer for 30 minutes, and then it's ready to eat.



No comments:

Post a Comment