Monday, January 8, 2018

Carrot Kugel-Cake

A really long time ago, I had this amazing cakey "kugel" when my family and I were having a Shabbat or holiday meal at friends. It was called "Rikki's Carrot Kugel" after the hostess' sister or sister-in-law. It's really amazing and we love it. I don't make it nearly as often as I should.

Carrot Kugel-Cake

1 cup margarine
1 cup brown sugar
4 eggs, separated
3 cups carrots (1 lb), shredded
2 tablespoons cold water
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Cream margarine and brown sugar together.

Add egg yolks and beat.

Add carrots, water, lemon juice and mix.

Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix thoroughly.

In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until peaks form and fold into the batter.

Pour into a greased 10 inch tube pan and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes up clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment