Friday, November 17, 2017

Starting point

Before any new fabric gets bought, I need to look through the two bins of fabric we already have and take stock. So naturally I have a raging sinus infection, and pulling things out of storage, bending down, and all the dust involved are NOT good for me. So Zach will have to do the schlepping. We'll make a list and add it to our garb spreadsheet.

Before I make any garb though, I just want to make a few baby wearing wraps. I have 6 meters of maroon, and 6 meters of grey stretchy tricot material. Because they're so wide, I can get two wraps from each. Technically it's a no-sew wrap, because the t-shirt material just rolls up a bit at the various ends, but I like to personalize them with a panel pocket in the center of non-stretch material, which makes it easier for the wearer to mark the center when putting it on. I tend to make them about 18 inches by 12 inches, so you can also fit a diaper, some wipes, maybe even a cell phone, although I don't recommend that.

One of the wraps will be sent to Zach's cousin and her wife, who are expecting a baby in March. The other ones I want to sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment